New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) India's leading carrier IndiGo (NS: INGL )has said that it will fully reinstate pilots' salaries by November.
Aviation sector was badly impacted during the Covid pandemic and all domestic carriers had cut staff salaries following the Covid-19-induced lockdowns.
As per sources, the airline is likely to reinstate pay by 8 per cent in August from 6.5 per cent proposed in November earlier.
"Despite the fuel and foreign exchange costs remaining prohibitive, we are hopeful that we will continue to inch our way back to profitability and higher growth. Our aim has been to constantly revisit our salary and remuneration and reinstate them to pre-Covid levels," said the statement attributed to the airline's senior vice president of flight operations, Capt. Ashim Mittra.
The airline also said that it will be restoring a further 6 per cent pay from September, while the remaining 6 per cent would be done in November.
An internal mail by Ronojoy Dutta, CEO IndiGo read, "The good news is that the crisis seems to be ending, our revenue performance is strong, and we should be back on a path of profitable growth soon."
"I understand that every department still has its own unique challenges and I urge you to stay connected with the leadership of your department. I assure you that we are working on resolving each and every issue to ensure that we continue our journey to become better than the best," it further said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.