New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) IndiGo (NS: INGL ) and international carrier, British Airways have signed a codeshare agreement to further boost connections between India and the UK. Through this partnership – which sees British Airways add its code onto a couple of destinations across IndiGo's network --passengers would be able to experience improved connectivity between India and the UK for travel from October 12.
"With this codeshare partnership with IndiGo, British Airways will now be able to add three additional routes to their existing network including Amritsar to London Heathrow via New Delhi, Kochi to London Heathrow via Mumbai, Ahmedabad to London Heathrow via Mumbai, Goa to London Heathrow via Mumbai, Thiruvananthapuram to London Heathrow via Mumbai (new), Kolkata to London Heathrow via Mumbai, Rajkot to London Heathrow via Mumbai (new) and Vadodara to London Heathrow via Mumbai (new)," said the IndiGo spokesperson.
"The agreement means that passengers travelling, for example from Rajkot to London, or transiting through London Heathrow (or vice versa) will be able to connect to their destination on a single ticket," said the spokesperson.
"We are excited to announce our codeshare agreement with British Airways. This partnership expands the choices available to British Airways customers for journeys to/from London Heathrow, using IndiGo's extensive network in India. With burgeoning demand for international travel, we will continue to enhance international connectivity and remain committed to our promise of providing on-time, affordable, courteous, and hassle-free travel experiences to our customers," said Abhijit Dasgupta, Senior Vice President -- Network Planning and Revenue Management, IndiGo.
Neil Chernoff, Director of Network and Alliances, British Airways, said that British Airways partnership with IndiGo means that passengers will be able to book their entire journey on one ticket, allowing seamless travel all the way from London to their final destination, offering more choice and flexibility for customers.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.