India's Reliance says purchases of Venezuelan oil have been approved by the U.S.
NEW DELHI, Feb 6 (Reuters) - India's refining firm Reliance Industries RELI.NS on Thursday said its purchases of Venezuelan crude have been reported and approved by the U.S. government amid sanctions imposed by Washington since early 2019 on state-run oil firm PDVSA.
The United States on Wednesday said oil firms, including Reliance, Russia's Rosneft ROSN.MM , Spain's Repsol REP.MC and U.S.-based Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) CVX.N , need to tread cautiously in their activities in Venezuela, in an attempt to ramp up pressure against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
"We are in frequent communications with U.S. government officials regarding Venezuela and continuously keep them apprised of our actions," a company spokesperson said in an email to Reuters.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or