New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) Indian exports to the UAE, excluding petroleum products, grew by 14 per cent to $5.92 billion during June-August 2022 from $5.17 billion of the corresponding period of last year.
According to official data released by Commerce Ministry, India's global non-petroleum exports during the same period (June-August 2022) grew by 3 per cent on an annual basis.
This implies the growth rate of India's non-petroleum exports to the UAE is almost 5 times as that of India's non-petroleum exports to the world.
Excluding petroleum-related imports, Indian imports from the UAE grew by 1 per cent to $5.61 billion during June-August 2022 from $5.56 billion of the corresponding period of last year.
India's non-oil export growth of around 14 per cent on year-on-year basis comes in the context of significant macroeconomic headwinds such as conflict in Ukraine, Covid-19 related lockdowns in China, rising inflationary pressures, expected policy tightening in advanced economies, global growth slowdown and consequent reduced demand and reduction in global merchandise trade (growth slowed down to 3.2 per cent in Q1 2022 vis-a-vis 5.7 per cent in Q4 2021), a statement issued by the ministry said.
The India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) had come into effect on May 1, 2022.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.