By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- India’s largest paint maker Asian Paints (NS: ASPN ) will remain under focus this week, as its shares are set to turn ex-dividend for a final dividend of 2,125% for the financial year ended March 31, 2023.
According to Investing.com's ‘Dividend Calendar’, the Nifty50 constituent stock is set to turn ex-dividend on Friday, June 9, 2023.
The Board of Directors of Asian Paints had recommended a final dividend of Rs 21.25 per equity share at a face value of Re 1 each for the financial year 2022-23 while releasing its earnings for the March ended quarter.
The dividend is subject to the shareholders' approval at the company’s ensuing 77th Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The record date for determining the eligibility of shareholders entitled to receive the final dividend has been fixed as June 9, 2023, and it shall be paid on or after June 30.
The market heavyweight has already paid an interim dividend of Rs 4.4/share (440%) in the fiscal year declared on October 31, 2022, and in addition to the aforementioned final dividend, the total dividend for FY23 amounts to Rs 25.65 per share.
This takes Asian Paints’ dividend payout ratio to 60% in FY23.
Further, the mega-cap giant’s total dividend in FY23 is 33.9% higher than that in FY22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.