Indian automobile manufacturers have reported mixed sales results for September, with some companies exceeding expectations and others falling short, as per data released on Tuesday.
Maruti Suzuki (NS: MRTI ) India, a leading player in the Indian automobile industry, witnessed growth in total sales but failed to meet Street estimates. The company's mini segment sales saw a notable decrease, which was offset by a significant increase in its utility vehicles segment.
Tata Motors (NS: TAMO ) (NYSE: TTM ) experienced a decline in domestic passenger sales, but outperformed analysts' predictions primarily due to its electric vehicles (EVs). This came despite a lackluster performance in commercial vehicle sales.
Mahindra & Mahindra reported an increase in total sales, surpassing estimates. The company's performance was bolstered by robust demand across various segments.
Other companies such as Hero MotoCorp (NS: HROM ), TVS Motor Company (NS: TVSM ), and Eicher Motors (NS: EICH ) also disclosed their September sales figures. Hero MotoCorp is projecting strong future demand, while TVS Motor reported solid performance in the two-wheeler segment.
Eicher Motors' subsidiary Royal Enfield met analysts' expectations, and Volvo (OTC: VLVLY ) Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) noted an increase in total sales.
These mixed results come amidst a challenging market environment for the automobile industry in India. It remains to be seen how these manufacturers will navigate the evolving landscape and consumer preferences in the coming months.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Buy M&M and hold till November end….Mark My word current prise is 1540Target will Be around 1700-1850Like 0