Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Monday, as in the sectors propelled shares .
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 509.95 at the close. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 1136.00 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) was unchanged 0% or 0 points to 195.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 572.40 in late trade. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 4215.60 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) 0% or 0 points to 840.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which unchanged 0% to 1136.00, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was unchanged 0% to settle at 194.90 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which unchanged 0% to close at 2365.25.
The worst performers were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was unchanged 0% to 4207.70 in late trade, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which unchanged 0% to settle at 837.70 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was unchanged 0% to 777.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1174 to 650 and 42 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2041 rose and 1303 declined, while 143 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was unchanged 0% to 27.0600.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.63% or 12.05 to $1911.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.68% or 3.32 to hit $93.53 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.95 to trade at $94.94 a barrel.
USD/INR was unchanged 0% to 74.859, while EUR/INR unchanged 0% to 84.6985.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.112.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.