Investing.com – India equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as in the sectors propelled shares .
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 1820.85 at the close. Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 2422.05 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was unchanged 0% or 0 points to 937.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 164.45 in late trade. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 2682.50 and NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) 0% or 0 points to 129.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which rose 2.56% to 1889.00, Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was unchanged 0% to settle at 2420.65 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which unchanged 0% to close at 938.30.
The worst performers were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was unchanged 0% to 130.40 in late trade, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which unchanged 0% to settle at 1826.25 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was unchanged 0% to 17978.15 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1297 to 516 and 31 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2145 rose and 1128 declined, while 88 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was unchanged 0% to 27.0600.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.63% or 12.05 to $1911.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.68% or 3.32 to hit $93.53 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.95 to trade at $94.94 a barrel.
USD/INR was unchanged 0% to 74.859, while EUR/INR unchanged 0% to 84.6985.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.112.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.