The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ), which rose 2.28% or 111.45 points to trade at 5004.70 at the close. Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) added 1.27% or 11.95 points to end at 950.00 and Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ) was up 0.91% or 33.50 points to 3730.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which lost 4.83% or 36.50 points to trade at 719.00 in late trade. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) declined 4.12% or 8.65 points to end at 201.20 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) shed 3.91% or 4.20 points to 103.10.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which rose 1.58% to 4970.55, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was up 0.74% to settle at 1362.60 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which lost 0.89% to close at 640.30.
The worst performers were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 4.17% to 201.15 in late trade, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which lost 3.91% to settle at 103.10 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 3.89% to 831.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1415 to 287 and 52 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2125 fell and 734 advanced, while 189 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 10.21% to 22.4850.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.42% or 7.45 to $1787.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.32% or 0.20 to hit $62.99 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.31% or 0.21 to trade at $66.56 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.47% to 74.880, while EUR/INR rose 0.98% to 90.1560.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.49% at 91.100.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.