The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ), which rose 1.88% or 3.95 points to trade at 213.65 at the close. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) added 1.47% or 2.50 points to end at 172.10 and NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) was up 0.71% or 0.95 points to 135.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ), which lost 3.95% or 29.00 points to trade at 704.80 in late trade. HDFC Bank Ltd (NS: HDBK ) declined 3.66% or 55.85 points to end at 1468.15 and HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) shed 3.38% or 21.10 points to 603.25.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which rose 1.88% to 213.65, NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was up 0.67% to settle at 135.15 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 0.57% to close at 1182.90.
The worst performers were HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which was down 3.65% to 1468.60 in late trade, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which lost 3.20% to settle at 1885.80 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 3.15% to 6930.65 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1228 to 614 and 41 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2026 fell and 1378 advanced, while 142 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 8.15% to 20.4375.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.24% or 4.25 to $1812.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.05% or 0.97 to hit $91.34 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.58% or 0.54 to trade at $92.73 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.08% to 74.704, while EUR/INR fell 0.12% to 85.3305.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 95.575.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.