The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which rose 0.44% or 3.15 points to trade at 715.90 at the close. Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) fell 0.10% or 2.85 points to end at 2768.80 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) was down 0.23% or 5.55 points to 2450.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which lost 7.01% or 11.20 points to trade at 148.55 in late trade. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) declined 3.73% or 35.50 points to end at 915.65 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) shed 3.45% or 26.70 points to 747.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which fell 0.40% to 2760.00, HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which was down 0.51% to settle at 1505.40 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 0.80% to close at 1109.05.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 3.75% to 915.55 in late trade, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which lost 3.43% to settle at 16894.80 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 2.96% to 697.10 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1239 to 557 and 52 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1934 fell and 1394 advanced, while 176 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 8.79% to 20.0775.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.15% or 2.60 to $1781.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 2.58% or 1.71 to hit $67.97 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.29% or 1.60 to trade at $71.48 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.28% to 75.438, while EUR/INR rose 0.15% to 85.2295.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.213.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.