The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ), which rose 2.54% or 189.40 points to trade at 7636.05 at the close. Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) added 2.05% or 18.25 points to end at 910.00 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) was up 1.95% or 89.25 points to 4659.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which lost 3.62% or 55.45 points to trade at 1477.85 in late trade. NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) declined 3.42% or 4.70 points to end at 132.65 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) shed 3.21% or 67.35 points to 2031.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which rose 2.61% to 7632.75, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was up 2.12% to settle at 4670.05 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which gained 1.49% to close at 7483.40.
The worst performers were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 3.53% to 1478.75 in late trade, NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which lost 3.05% to settle at 133.30 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 2.76% to 2040.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1005 to 732 and 54 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1719 fell and 1355 advanced, while 142 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.72% to 17.4250.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.32% or 5.85 to $1796.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.34% or 0.28 to hit $83.09 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.41% or 0.34 to trade at $84.00 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.15% to 74.896, while EUR/INR fell 0.06% to 87.2910.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.18% at 93.490.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.