The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which rose 2.39% or 18.25 points to trade at 782.75 at the close. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) added 1.96% or 17.75 points to end at 921.70 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) was up 1.78% or 59.65 points to 3418.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ), which lost 2.96% or 20.55 points to trade at 673.95 in late trade. UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) declined 2.62% or 201.00 points to end at 7458.55 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) shed 2.62% or 45.45 points to 1692.10.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which rose 1.74% to 919.65, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 1.46% to settle at 710.25 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which gained 1.36% to close at 7879.10.
The worst performers were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 2.56% to 1691.65 in late trade, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which lost 2.49% to settle at 7464.60 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 2.01% to 2416.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 956 to 829 and 34 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1930 rose and 1341 declined, while 87 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 4.35% to 17.9775.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 1.26% or 23.05 to $1802.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.48% or 1.15 to hit $79.00 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.32% or 1.07 to trade at $81.87 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.03% to 74.455, while EUR/INR rose 0.24% to 84.2380.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 96.165.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.