The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which rose 2.72% or 4.45 points to trade at 168.10 at the close. Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) added 2.40% or 19.20 points to end at 820.65 and UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ) was up 1.77% or 12.65 points to 727.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ), which lost 3.95% or 49.90 points to trade at 1212.05 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 3.92% or 19.40 points to end at 475.90 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) shed 3.14% or 36.75 points to 1131.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which rose 1.24% to 1615.05, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 0.18% to settle at 7736.65 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which gained 0.08% to close at 2743.10.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 3.38% to 1131.50 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 2.81% to settle at 1279.70 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 2.39% to 3771.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1116 to 607 and 40 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1756 fell and 1369 advanced, while 141 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 5.70% to 17.3325.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.66% or 11.60 to $1749.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.68% or 0.54 to hit $78.39 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.01% or 0.82 to trade at $82.08 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.66% to 75.032, while EUR/INR rose 0.14% to 86.5600.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.66% at 94.398.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
after long time index blood bathLike 0