The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ), which rose 1.75% or 43.50 points to trade at 2528.10 at the close. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) added 0.93% or 4.20 points to end at 453.95 and JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) was up 0.63% or 4.15 points to 666.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which lost 4.41% or 6.15 points to trade at 133.30 in late trade. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) declined 2.85% or 44.65 points to end at 1521.95 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) shed 2.82% or 14.80 points to 509.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 1.79% to 2528.00, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was up 0.57% to settle at 924.90 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which gained 0.22% to close at 2554.95.
The worst performers were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 2.83% to 509.55 in late trade, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which lost 2.42% to settle at 17872.05 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 2.26% to 1529.95 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1071 to 681 and 49 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1788 fell and 1408 advanced, while 150 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.29% to 16.3525.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.84% or 15.60 to $1863.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.11% or 0.09 to hit $81.25 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.01% or 0.01 to trade at $82.63 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.12% to 74.484, while EUR/INR rose 0.00% to 85.3965.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 95.032.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.