The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which rose 5.94% or 177.10 points to trade at 3159.05 at the close. UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) added 1.54% or 112.35 points to end at 7424.70 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) was up 1.09% or 26.25 points to 2434.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which lost 3.51% or 13.95 points to trade at 383.00 in late trade. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) declined 3.38% or 34.30 points to end at 981.55 and Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) shed 2.61% or 33.05 points to 1233.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which rose 6.04% to 3159.20, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was up 1.52% to settle at 7423.20 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 0.97% to close at 2433.90.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 3.32% to 982.10 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 2.65% to settle at 1232.70 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 2.39% to 118.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1323 to 368 and 41 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2010 fell and 1082 advanced, while 97 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 4.14% to 13.2050.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.46% or 8.40 to $1817.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.11% or 0.07 to hit $66.42 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.07% or 0.05 to trade at $68.67 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.30% to 74.624, while EUR/INR fell 0.40% to 87.9585.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 92.927.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.