The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ), which rose 3.44% or 8.05 points to trade at 242.10 at the close. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) added 1.91% or 18.75 points to end at 998.60 and NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) was up 1.64% or 1.90 points to 118.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ), which lost 3.22% or 5.40 points to trade at 162.40 in late trade. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) declined 2.66% or 9.40 points to end at 343.35 and Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) shed 2.47% or 21.60 points to 852.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which rose 3.42% to 242.00, NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was up 1.72% to settle at 118.15 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which gained 0.98% to close at 1729.60.
The worst performers were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 1.80% to 2174.75 in late trade, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which lost 1.80% to settle at 1518.70 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 1.46% to 11560.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1091 to 616 and 27 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1670 fell and 1385 advanced, while 136 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.10% to 14.7525 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.12% or 2.25 to $1892.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.33% or 0.23 to hit $70.28 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.33% or 0.24 to trade at $72.46 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.03% to 72.975, while EUR/INR rose 0.22% to 88.9845.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 89.977.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.