The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ), which rose 1.48% or 8.35 points to trade at 570.80 at the close. Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) added 1.35% or 328.80 points to end at 24678.35 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) was up 1.32% or 22.55 points to 1729.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which lost 3.65% or 6.10 points to trade at 161.20 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 3.38% or 17.90 points to end at 511.70 and UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ) shed 2.87% or 20.80 points to 704.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which rose 1.45% to 570.65, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was up 1.38% to settle at 1730.60 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which gained 1.17% to close at 198.10.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 2.39% to 842.95 in late trade, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which lost 1.96% to settle at 3720.25 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 1.69% to 218.10 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1607 to 235 and 26 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2705 fell and 685 advanced, while 126 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.33% to 22.9025.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.02% or 0.40 to $1899.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.30% or 0.27 to hit $89.94 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.20% or 0.18 to trade at $91.21 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.15% to 74.572, while EUR/INR rose 0.23% to 84.7300.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 95.810.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.