The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ), which rose 3.19% or 31.80 points to trade at 1029.50 at the close. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) added 2.47% or 17.15 points to end at 710.70 and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ) was up 1.88% or 1.95 points to 105.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 3.61% or 34.10 points to trade at 911.30 in late trade. Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) declined 2.12% or 45.20 points to end at 2089.05 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) shed 1.89% or 546.65 points to 28420.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which rose 3.11% to 1029.20, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 1.49% to settle at 607.80 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which gained 1.37% to close at 1264.90.
The worst performers were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 2.07% to 2089.05 in late trade, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which lost 1.70% to settle at 7527.30 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 1.40% to 435.65 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 946 to 742 and 39 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1728 rose and 1339 declined, while 107 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.06% to 12.6075.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.53% or 9.65 to $1799.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.27% or 0.88 to hit $69.97 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.22% or 0.87 to trade at $72.16 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.07% to 74.148, while EUR/INR fell 0.13% to 87.5580.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.18% at 92.418.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.