The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ), which rose 2.95% or 41.60 points to trade at 1,452.90 at the close. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) added 2.44% or 250.85 points to end at 10,535.15 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 1.70% or 10.00 points to 598.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ), which lost 2.44% or 10.45 points to trade at 418.50 in late trade. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) declined 2.32% or 131.50 points to end at 5,537.00 and Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) shed 1.70% or 20.50 points to 1,185.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which rose 2.92% to 1,452.75, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was up 2.34% to settle at 10,536.45 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 1.67% to close at 598.10.
The worst performers were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was down 2.74% to 5,516.35 in late trade, Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which lost 2.32% to settle at 418.65 and HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which was down 1.57% to 1,529.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1075 to 922 and 63 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1778 fell and 1731 advanced, while 140 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.46% to 10.66.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.28% or 5.35 to $1,944.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.16% or 1.04 to hit $90.67 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.94% or 0.88 to trade at $94.18 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.21% to 82.96, while EUR/INR fell 0.47% to 88.21.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 105.30.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.