The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ), which rose 4.22% or 38.10 points to trade at 941.90 at the close. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) added 4.10% or 310.85 points to end at 7,897.45 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) was up 2.32% or 54.05 points to 2,380.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ), which lost 13.24% or 83.55 points to trade at 547.55 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 12.61% or 147.65 points to end at 1,022.95 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) shed 9.45% or 406.90 points to 3,897.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which rose 4.14% to 942.05, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was up 4.07% to settle at 7,896.20 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which gained 2.35% to close at 2,380.05.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 12.53% to 1,023.60 in late trade, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which lost 3.33% to settle at 5,919.25 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 1.93% to 274.55 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1153 to 699 and 57 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1928 fell and 1373 advanced, while 164 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.29% to 23.40.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.99% or 18.22 to $1,860.32 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.16% or 1.28 to hit $111.56 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.16% or 1.28 to trade at $111.27 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.36% to 77.54, while EUR/INR rose 0.63% to 82.72.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.95% at 102.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
thank you very much and useful segmentLike 0