The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ), which rose 2.94% or 74.00 points to trade at 2589.65 at the close. UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) added 2.60% or 192.40 points to end at 7601.45 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) was up 2.09% or 133.90 points to 6544.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which lost 2.21% or 9.65 points to trade at 426.95 in late trade. Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) declined 2.16% or 38.65 points to end at 1749.70 and ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) shed 1.84% or 12.90 points to 688.30.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which rose 2.46% to 7592.60, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 2.12% to settle at 6544.45 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 1.78% to close at 15011.00.
The worst performers were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 2.09% to 1750.65 in late trade, ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which lost 1.80% to settle at 688.40 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 1.42% to 180.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1169 to 519 and 35 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2012 fell and 1013 advanced, while 103 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.78% to 12.9050.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.05% or 0.85 to $1788.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.90% or 0.60 to hit $66.94 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.04% or 0.72 to trade at $69.75 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.18% to 74.237, while EUR/INR fell 0.12% to 86.9720.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 93.108.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.