The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ), which rose 3.84% or 7.85 points to trade at 212.25 at the close. Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) added 2.74% or 124.00 points to end at 4654.40 and Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) was up 1.35% or 256.80 points to 19238.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ), which lost 2.56% or 6.00 points to trade at 228.60 in late trade. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) declined 2.12% or 152.85 points to end at 7065.90 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) shed 1.94% or 14.60 points to 739.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which rose 3.84% to 212.30, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was up 1.05% to settle at 4646.75 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which gained 1.03% to close at 19197.90.
The worst performers were ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 2.73% to 228.30 in late trade, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which lost 2.10% to settle at 7068.65 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 1.75% to 1840.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 911 to 889 and 19 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1765 rose and 1451 declined, while 113 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 2.31% to 16.9525.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.23% or 4.15 to $1784.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.06% or 0.04 to hit $71.33 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.04% or 0.03 to trade at $74.42 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.16% to 75.884, while EUR/INR rose 0.46% to 85.8750.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 96.140.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.