The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ), which rose 5.30% or 101.15 points to trade at 2007.95 at the close. HDFC Bank Ltd (NS: HDBK ) added 1.42% or 22.20 points to end at 1582.15 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) was up 1.34% or 38.35 points to 2898.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which lost 3.54% or 50.85 points to trade at 1385.90 in late trade. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) declined 3.45% or 5.60 points to end at 156.70 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) shed 2.12% or 10.25 points to 473.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which rose 5.26% to 2006.00, HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which was up 1.51% to settle at 1583.30 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which gained 1.39% to close at 728.15.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 3.57% to 1385.30 in late trade, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which lost 2.07% to settle at 454.05 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 1.85% to 3830.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1215 to 485 and 59 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1982 fell and 1141 advanced, while 129 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 5.69% to 15.2325 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.37% or 6.50 to $1763.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.54% or 0.39 to hit $72.17 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.46% or 0.35 to trade at $75.32 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.07% to 73.516, while EUR/INR rose 0.07% to 86.6085.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 92.808.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.