The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ), which rose 2.73% or 20.05 points to trade at 754.30 at the close. Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) added 2.07% or 46.40 points to end at 2,291.40 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ) was up 2.06% or 126.00 points to 6,233.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ), which lost 4.50% or 10.75 points to trade at 227.90 in late trade. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) declined 3.08% or 10.55 points to end at 331.90 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) shed 2.18% or 26.15 points to 1,172.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which rose 2.02% to 2,290.65, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was up 1.98% to settle at 6,230.00 and Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which gained 1.65% to close at 3,100.15.
The worst performers were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 4.55% to 227.85 in late trade, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which lost 2.14% to settle at 1,172.45 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 2.01% to 457.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1015 to 823 and 43 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1847 rose and 1392 declined, while 112 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.97% to 22.30.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.16% or 2.90 to $1,816.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.27% or 1.39 to hit $111.02 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.96% or 1.08 to trade at $113.01 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 103.54.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.