The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ), which rose 2.46% or 67.90 points to trade at 2833.20 at the close. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) added 2.44% or 15.95 points to end at 670.55 and Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) was up 1.53% or 23.45 points to 1554.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ), which lost 1.83% or 14.35 points to trade at 769.90 in late trade. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) declined 1.80% or 8.85 points to end at 481.95 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) shed 1.78% or 25.95 points to 1435.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which rose 2.56% to 2836.05, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 2.48% to settle at 670.70 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which gained 1.20% to close at 1004.00.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 1.81% to 769.65 in late trade, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which lost 1.69% to settle at 1435.55 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 1.62% to 787.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1104 to 585 and 48 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1760 fell and 1265 advanced, while 127 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.39% to 14.8950.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.14% or 20.95 to $1812.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.14% or 0.79 to hit $68.50 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.33% or 0.24 to trade at $71.98 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.50% to 73.437, while EUR/INR rose 0.48% to 87.1395.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.30% at 92.312.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.