The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which rose 4.00% or 5.95 points to trade at 154.60 at the close. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) added 3.19% or 14.80 points to end at 478.35 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ) was up 1.42% or 53.95 points to 3845.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ), which lost 2.23% or 54.05 points to trade at 2371.55 in late trade. ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) declined 1.78% or 12.85 points to end at 707.40 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) shed 0.86% or 24.30 points to 2786.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which rose 1.38% to 3843.90, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 1.36% to settle at 695.60 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 1.21% to close at 16945.30.
The worst performers were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 2.22% to 2371.55 in late trade, ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which lost 1.79% to settle at 707.30 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 0.86% to 2784.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 889 to 821 and 61 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1635 rose and 1470 declined, while 185 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.59% to 14.0250.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.02% or 0.35 to $1791.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.63% or 0.44 to hit $70.16 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.52% or 0.38 to trade at $73.30 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.31% to 73.747, while EUR/INR fell 0.03% to 86.8305.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.29% at 92.843.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.