The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ), which rose 4.42% or 32.30 points to trade at 762.50 at the close. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ) added 1.80% or 70.25 points to end at 3968.15 and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ) was up 1.77% or 2.15 points to 123.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which lost 2.66% or 91.85 points to trade at 3364.40 in late trade. AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) declined 2.57% or 19.00 points to end at 721.70 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ) shed 2.09% or 50.50 points to 2363.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which rose 1.84% to 3969.25, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was up 1.64% to settle at 1928.20 and Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which gained 1.32% to close at 2044.75.
The worst performers were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was down 2.66% to 3364.80 in late trade, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which lost 2.54% to settle at 721.60 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 2.13% to 2364.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1071 to 721 and 23 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1989 rose and 1300 declined, while 95 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.90% to 16.5550.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.06% or 1.05 to $1822.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.10% or 0.90 to hit $83.02 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.21% or 1.02 to trade at $85.49 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.19% to 74.111, while EUR/INR rose 0.23% to 84.8925.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 94.780.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.