The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ), which rose 6.90% or 32.55 points to trade at 504.00 at the close. Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) added 5.45% or 140.20 points to end at 2711.00 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) was up 5.30% or 1249.80 points to 24839.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 3.46% or 33.05 points to trade at 921.85 in late trade. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) declined 1.23% or 2.05 points to end at 164.15 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) gained 0.92% or 1.85 points to 203.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which rose 5.13% to 7137.90, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was up 4.55% to settle at 524.65 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 4.37% to close at 16365.80.
The worst performers were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was up 0.74% to 203.40 in late trade, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which gained 1.38% to settle at 876.30 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was up 1.64% to 223.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1253 to 553 and 27 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1969 rose and 1301 declined, while 90 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 10.29% to 20.6125.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.72% or 13.50 to $1855.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.07% or 2.93 to hit $92.53 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 2.77% or 2.67 to trade at $93.81 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.42% to 75.302, while EUR/INR fell 0.13% to 85.4200.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 96.030.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.