The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 9.58% or 37.45 points to trade at 428.40 at the close. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) added 7.72% or 85.20 points to end at 1,188.70 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) was up 7.48% or 12.85 points to 184.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ), which lost 0.17% or 1.25 points to trade at 734.25 in late trade. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) added 0.40% or 15.60 points to end at 3,904.00 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) gained 0.54% or 119.15 points to 22,100.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which rose 7.62% to 1,188.35, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 4.26% to settle at 2,530.70 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which gained 4.15% to close at 264.60.
The worst performers were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was up 0.59% to 16,314.60 in late trade, HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which gained 0.69% to settle at 1,314.05 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was up 0.71% to 892.05 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1605 to 241 and 25 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2527 rose and 699 declined, while 121 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 7.28% to 22.74.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.76% or 13.83 to $1,827.83 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.63% or 0.71 to hit $112.53 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.65% or 0.74 to trade at $114.98 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.44% to 77.47, while EUR/INR rose 0.38% to 81.47.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.62% at 103.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.