The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were UltraTech Cement Ltd (NS: ULTC ), which rose 4.73% or 284.65 points to trade at 6,305.90 at the close. AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) added 3.68% or 25.70 points to end at 723.85 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was up 3.57% or 32.00 points to 928.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 1.15% or 12.25 points to trade at 1,055.80 in late trade. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) declined 0.27% or 2.45 points to end at 889.20 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) shed 0.10% or 0.75 points to 747.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which rose 4.69% to 6,303.55, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was up 3.65% to settle at 723.70 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which gained 3.60% to close at 928.20.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 0.35% to 888.80 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 0.07% to settle at 209.30 and Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was up 0.75% to 1,756.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1331 to 484 and 40 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2213 rose and 1110 declined, while 98 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 9.77% to 24.12.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.33% or 6.30 to $1,923.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.26% or 0.25 to hit $96.19 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.10% or 0.10 to trade at $99.81 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.09% to 76.21, while EUR/INR rose 0.16% to 83.81.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.44% at 98.63.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.