The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 5.02% or 21.15 points to trade at 442.50 at the close. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) added 3.61% or 40.00 points to end at 1148.80 and AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) was up 3.60% or 23.90 points to 687.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 0.64% or 5.70 points to trade at 889.25 in late trade. Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ) declined 0.58% or 20.20 points to end at 3476.00 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) shed 0.47% or 22.00 points to 4624.80.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which rose 3.63% to 1149.35, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was up 3.60% to settle at 687.20 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which gained 3.46% to close at 734.65.
The worst performers were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was down 0.22% to 3031.30 in late trade, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which gained 0.27% to settle at 698.95 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was up 0.56% to 4528.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1374 to 386 and 52 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2261 rose and 923 declined, while 116 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 8.06% to 18.4600.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.07% or 1.20 to $1780.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.15% or 2.19 to hit $71.68 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.68% or 1.96 to trade at $75.04 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.06% to 75.437, while EUR/INR fell 0.11% to 84.9840.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 96.360.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.