The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ), which rose 8.55% or 415.85 points to trade at 5280.90 at the close. Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) added 5.05% or 121.10 points to end at 2521.20 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was up 5.04% or 44.45 points to 926.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ), which lost 1.76% or 62.45 points to trade at 3478.75 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 1.00% or 3.65 points to end at 362.60 and HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) shed 0.91% or 6.15 points to 672.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which rose 8.32% to 5279.15, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was up 5.08% to settle at 927.05 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 4.06% to close at 10494.95.
The worst performers were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 0.96% to 16622.00 in late trade, HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which lost 0.55% to settle at 923.80 and Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was down 0.38% to 1375.05 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1044 to 598 and 69 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1690 rose and 1155 declined, while 172 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.18% to 22.5800.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.71% or 12.70 to $1766.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.29% or 0.18 to hit $63.12 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.26% or 0.17 to trade at $66.04 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.24% to 74.398, while EUR/INR fell 0.42% to 89.7805.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 91.028.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.