The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which rose 4.14% or 63.05 points to trade at 1585.00 at the close. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) added 3.22% or 14.60 points to end at 468.55 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) was up 2.88% or 83.80 points to 2992.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ), which lost 3.06% or 114.90 points to trade at 3635.05 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 0.95% or 12.35 points to end at 1287.25 and Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) shed 0.59% or 15.90 points to 2685.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 4.06% to 1585.05, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which was up 2.99% to settle at 2995.00 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which gained 2.74% to close at 1780.00.
The worst performers were Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 3.04% to 3637.30 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 0.93% to settle at 1286.90 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 0.36% to 736.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 943 to 788 and 63 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1625 fell and 1589 advanced, while 147 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 6.94% to 15.2175 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.76% or 14.25 to $1849.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.61% or 1.31 to hit $80.28 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.30% or 1.08 to trade at $81.79 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.23% to 74.464, while EUR/INR rose 0.18% to 85.2240.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.00% at 95.172.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.