The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which rose 5.82% or 42.10 points to trade at 765.25 at the close. Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) added 4.44% or 402.45 points to end at 9460.00 and Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ) was up 3.99% or 95.80 points to 2498.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 1.39% or 8.30 points to trade at 587.35 in late trade. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) declined 1.25% or 2.70 points to end at 213.70 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) shed 0.72% or 18.55 points to 2561.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which rose 4.49% to 9466.65, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was up 4.28% to settle at 2504.55 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which gained 4.06% to close at 1509.45.
The worst performers were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 0.97% to 214.60 in late trade, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which lost 0.58% to settle at 952.70 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 0.17% to 210.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1020 to 651 and 56 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1583 rose and 1263 declined, while 168 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 9.02% to 20.6500.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.03% or 0.60 to $1725.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.10% or 1.23 to hit $59.79 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.82% or 1.13 to trade at $63.08 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.22% to 72.500, while EUR/INR fell 0.06% to 85.4265.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 92.797.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.