The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ), which rose 4.51% or 96.75 points to trade at 2,241.85 at the close. HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) added 4.34% or 23.75 points to end at 571.40 and SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) was up 3.97% or 42.65 points to 1,116.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ), which lost 1.82% or 71.25 points to trade at 3,834.40 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 0.75% or 3.70 points to end at 488.60 and Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) shed 0.68% or 5.15 points to 747.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which rose 4.55% to 2,241.80, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was up 3.18% to settle at 3,248.30 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which gained 2.79% to close at 235.65.
The worst performers were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 0.84% to 747.25 in late trade, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which lost 0.54% to settle at 921.70 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 0.31% to 1,092.65 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 970 to 856 and 49 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1726 fell and 1578 advanced, while 104 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.96% to 19.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.06% or 1.16 to $1,889.86 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.32% or 0.33 to hit $102.35 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.20% or 0.21 to trade at $105.16 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.16% to 76.58, while EUR/INR fell 0.47% to 80.47.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.61% at 103.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.