The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 4.02% or 17.90 points to trade at 463.35 at the close. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) added 3.73% or 16.90 points to end at 470.50 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) was up 3.58% or 157.80 points to 4563.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ), which lost 1.01% or 2.05 points to trade at 201.55 in late trade. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) declined 0.96% or 10.95 points to end at 1124.30 and Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ) shed 0.75% or 5.15 points to 685.65.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which rose 2.94% to 6773.00, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 2.67% to settle at 684.85 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which gained 2.42% to close at 797.10.
The worst performers were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 1.03% to 201.55 in late trade, Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which lost 0.77% to settle at 685.40 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 0.24% to 212.05 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1400 to 393 and 22 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2352 rose and 887 declined, while 103 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.46% to 16.5800.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.16% or 2.95 to $1791.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.38% or 0.27 to hit $71.39 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.22% or 0.16 to trade at $74.12 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.24% to 75.509, while EUR/INR fell 0.11% to 85.3070.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 96.360.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.