The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ), which rose 3.50% or 18.30 points to trade at 541.30 at the close. Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) added 3.29% or 543.35 points to end at 17,045.05 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) was up 3.05% or 22.65 points to 765.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which lost 5.26% or 9.00 points to trade at 162.00 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 4.99% or 31.50 points to end at 599.80 and JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) shed 4.82% or 36.35 points to 717.55.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which rose 3.82% to 17,127.50, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 3.09% to settle at 7,254.00 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which gained 2.81% to close at 794.95.
The worst performers were ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 2.16% to 249.15 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 1.98% to settle at 1,307.95 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 1.69% to 1,496.15 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1188 to 638 and 26 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2032 rose and 1255 declined, while 102 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.25% to 20.61 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.34% or 6.45 to $1,918.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.91% or 1.99 to hit $106.23 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.89% or 2.04 to trade at $109.75 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.37% to 75.97, while EUR/INR rose 0.77% to 84.50.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.40% at 98.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.