The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which rose 3.14% or 5.15 points to trade at 169.10 at the close. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) added 2.13% or 26.00 points to end at 1248.35 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) was up 1.86% or 32.30 points to 1769.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ), which lost 1.61% or 144.00 points to trade at 8805.45 in late trade. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) declined 1.58% or 5.95 points to end at 369.65 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) shed 0.90% or 228.15 points to 25238.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which rose 2.11% to 1248.25, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was up 1.80% to settle at 1768.85 and HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which gained 1.77% to close at 1524.15.
The worst performers were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 1.64% to 8804.70 in late trade, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which lost 0.42% to settle at 7471.30 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 0.38% to 18058.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 968 to 827 and 37 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1757 fell and 1482 advanced, while 105 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 4.55% to 17.7100.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.13% or 2.45 to $1834.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.28% or 0.25 to hit $89.91 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.05% or 0.05 to trade at $91.60 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.19% to 74.956, while EUR/INR rose 0.43% to 85.7760.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 95.480.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.