The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ), which rose 7.16% or 8.30 points to trade at 124.20 at the close. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) added 4.51% or 31.30 points to end at 725.50 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) was up 4.10% or 6.35 points to 161.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ), which lost 1.11% or 9.75 points to trade at 871.55 in late trade. Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) declined 0.64% or 3.15 points to end at 489.95 and Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) shed 0.55% or 111.25 points to 20119.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which rose 7.16% to 124.20, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 4.53% to settle at 725.55 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which gained 2.86% to close at 1273.75.
The worst performers were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 0.38% to 791.50 in late trade, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which lost 0.31% to settle at 3351.50 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was down 0.27% to 7836.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1119 to 602 and 49 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1940 rose and 1200 declined, while 110 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 1.14% to 13.7300.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.19% or 3.50 to $1803.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.39% or 0.98 to hit $71.44 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.28% or 0.94 to trade at $74.54 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.22% to 73.476, while EUR/INR rose 0.01% to 86.9175.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 92.438.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.