The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ), which rose 7.79% or 1189.80 points to trade at 16461.70 at the close. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) added 4.06% or 27.10 points to end at 695.40 and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) was up 3.44% or 14.00 points to 420.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ), which lost 1.40% or 54.05 points to trade at 3812.20 in late trade. Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) declined 1.40% or 281.05 points to end at 19740.00 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) shed 1.03% or 17.90 points to 1720.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which rose 7.91% to 16475.25, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was up 3.41% to settle at 1463.90 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 3.39% to close at 1404.60.
The worst performers were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 1.34% to 19747.55 in late trade, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which lost 1.08% to settle at 2692.10 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 1.06% to 1720.75 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1310 to 379 and 36 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2059 rose and 968 declined, while 112 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.64% to 13.1875.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.04% or 0.75 to $1807.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.57% or 1.03 to hit $66.67 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.59% or 1.09 to trade at $69.46 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.13% to 74.215, while EUR/INR rose 0.08% to 87.1100.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 93.007.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.