The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ), which rose 3.52% or 994.35 points to trade at 29260.10 at the close. Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) added 3.32% or 57.00 points to end at 1771.55 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) was up 2.86% or 72.35 points to 2602.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ), which lost 2.16% or 17.50 points to trade at 791.05 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 1.69% or 24.25 points to end at 1410.05 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) shed 0.68% or 97.05 points to 14125.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 3.25% to 1770.25, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was up 1.97% to settle at 757.85 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which gained 1.77% to close at 2071.50.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 1.66% to 1409.95 in late trade, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which lost 0.68% to settle at 14124.75 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was down 0.48% to 6198.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1144 to 577 and 61 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2078 rose and 1108 declined, while 149 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.02% to 12.8050.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.32% or 5.80 to $1811.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 1.60% or 1.18 to hit $72.77 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 1.35% or 1.02 to trade at $74.39 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.01% to 74.346, while EUR/INR rose 0.24% to 88.4015.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 91.965.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.