The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ), which rose 2.89% or 18.70 points to trade at 664.95 at the close. Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) added 2.74% or 67.95 points to end at 2544.90 and Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) was up 2.64% or 40.50 points to 1576.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which lost 1.96% or 14.05 points to trade at 704.00 in late trade. HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) declined 1.17% or 11.50 points to end at 967.95 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) shed 0.99% or 54.30 points to 5440.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which rose 2.83% to 664.60, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which was up 2.67% to settle at 2544.20 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which gained 2.28% to close at 770.80.
The worst performers were HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 1.01% to 969.20 in late trade, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which lost 0.90% to settle at 5440.00 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 0.60% to 7426.65 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 921 to 760 and 49 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1758 rose and 1301 declined, while 132 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.85% to 12.6225.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.16% or 2.80 to $1808.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.38% or 0.28 to hit $74.38 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.49% or 0.37 to trade at $75.53 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.08% to 74.471, while EUR/INR fell 0.19% to 88.2180.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 92.335.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.