The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 3.80% or 14.30 points to trade at 390.35 at the close. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) added 2.36% or 2.80 points to end at 121.25 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 1.94% or 8.25 points to 432.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ), which lost 1.40% or 9.60 points to trade at 677.90 in late trade. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) declined 1.35% or 14.75 points to end at 1074.65 and Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) shed 0.66% or 3.05 points to 459.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which rose 1.92% to 432.70, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was up 1.84% to settle at 1156.80 and Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which gained 1.47% to close at 1507.70.
The worst performers were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 1.34% to 1074.80 in late trade, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which lost 0.65% to settle at 5537.90 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 0.44% to 980.55 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1181 to 546 and 46 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2125 rose and 1055 declined, while 154 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.19% to 12.0675 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.48% or 8.60 to $1791.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.29% or 0.22 to hit $75.38 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.28% or 0.21 to trade at $76.38 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.29% to 74.296, while EUR/INR fell 0.14% to 88.2445.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 92.155.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.