The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ), which rose 3.45% or 90.80 points to trade at 2,724.30 at the close. Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) added 2.69% or 339.40 points to end at 12,936.00 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) was up 2.42% or 20.30 points to 859.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd. (NS: APLH ), which lost 5.05% or 193.75 points to trade at 3,645.25 in late trade. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) declined 3.43% or 94.50 points to end at 2,663.10 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) shed 1.73% or 40.30 points to 2,289.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which rose 3.51% to 2,724.50, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was up 2.88% to settle at 12,961.40 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which gained 2.35% to close at 859.55.
The worst performers were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which was down 1.69% to 2,289.60 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 1.51% to settle at 225.60 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 1.03% to 2,284.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1126 to 703 and 47 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1884 rose and 1310 declined, while 133 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.52% to 20.32.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.52% or 9.70 to $1,858.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 2.56% or 2.95 to hit $112.31 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 2.51% or 2.92 to trade at $113.37 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.01% to 77.56, while EUR/INR rose 0.44% to 82.94.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 102.20.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.