The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ), which rose 4.00% or 26.30 points to trade at 683.30 at the close. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) added 3.94% or 7.65 points to end at 201.85 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) was up 3.75% or 5.65 points to 156.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ), which lost 2.54% or 25.55 points to trade at 981.35 in late trade. Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ) declined 2.32% or 75.70 points to end at 3185.55 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) shed 1.28% or 22.50 points to 1736.90.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which rose 3.91% to 201.85, NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was up 2.53% to settle at 133.50 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 2.38% to close at 1192.55.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 2.59% to 980.60 in late trade, Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which lost 2.35% to settle at 3186.90 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 1.49% to 1732.25 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1411 to 342 and 42 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2364 rose and 788 declined, while 157 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 2.83% to 18.0150.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.47% or 8.40 to $1797.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.21% or 0.93 to hit $75.82 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.83% or 0.66 to trade at $79.04 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.02% to 74.415, while EUR/INR rose 0.24% to 83.8115.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 96.407.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Rally will continue for tomorrow for banking and metal stocks.. LikelyLike 0