The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which rose 3.13% or 92.30 points to trade at 3042.20 at the close. AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) added 1.99% or 14.65 points to end at 750.90 and ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) was up 1.60% or 10.15 points to 645.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ), which lost 1.57% or 69.05 points to trade at 4319.00 in late trade. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) declined 1.38% or 2.20 points to end at 157.15 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) shed 1.06% or 126.15 points to 11800.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which rose 3.18% to 3041.85, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was up 1.97% to settle at 750.75 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which gained 1.57% to close at 645.05.
The worst performers were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 1.11% to 11799.05 in late trade, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which lost 0.82% to settle at 5414.90 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 0.68% to 1723.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1011 to 685 and 39 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1852 rose and 1226 declined, while 131 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.75% to 14.6050.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.03% or 0.55 to $1866.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.85% or 0.60 to hit $71.48 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.86% or 0.63 to trade at $73.49 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.21% to 73.333, while EUR/INR rose 0.25% to 88.8975.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 90.498.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.