The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ), which rose 4.79% or 31.35 points to trade at 686.45 at the close. HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) added 2.16% or 25.40 points to end at 1200.15 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) was up 1.75% or 29.75 points to 1730.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which lost 1.33% or 1.50 points to trade at 111.60 in late trade. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) declined 1.18% or 1.45 points to end at 121.65 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) shed 1.18% or 11.80 points to 991.95.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which rose 2.17% to 1199.70, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was up 1.75% to settle at 1730.00 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which gained 1.52% to close at 2424.55.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 1.13% to 992.10 in late trade, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which lost 0.86% to settle at 1776.70 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 0.71% to 174.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 883 to 825 and 69 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1590 rose and 1556 declined, while 164 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.87% to 15.1050 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.46% or 8.45 to $1825.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.69% or 0.48 to hit $68.81 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.67% or 0.49 to trade at $72.12 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.15% to 73.091, while EUR/INR fell 0.03% to 86.6895.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 92.287.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.