The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ), which rose 4.31% or 55.55 points to trade at 1343.65 at the close. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) added 3.55% or 26.25 points to end at 765.10 and Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) was up 1.93% or 51.30 points to 2710.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ), which lost 3.93% or 26.40 points to trade at 645.70 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 3.32% or 38.80 points to end at 1130.25 and Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ) shed 1.61% or 6.40 points to 391.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which rose 4.30% to 1344.00, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which was up 1.90% to settle at 2710.65 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which gained 1.58% to close at 1744.00.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 3.32% to 1130.15 in late trade, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which lost 0.89% to settle at 7659.80 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 0.65% to 221.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 964 to 851 and 17 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1854 rose and 1478 declined, while 61 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.45% to 17.7575.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.31% or 5.65 to $1804.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.44% or 1.13 to hit $79.36 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.37% or 1.11 to trade at $81.98 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.10% to 73.950, while EUR/INR fell 0.01% to 83.8115.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 95.900.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.