The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ), which rose 3.16% or 20.70 points to trade at 676.65 at the close. ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ) added 2.61% or 5.40 points to end at 212.40 and Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ) was up 2.56% or 14.95 points to 599.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ), which lost 2.31% or 7.00 points to trade at 295.55 in late trade. Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) declined 2.06% or 32.55 points to end at 1549.50 and Larsen & Toubro Ltd (NS: LART ) shed 1.85% or 30.40 points to 1611.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which rose 3.18% to 676.65, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was up 2.56% to settle at 212.35 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 1.69% to close at 429.15.
The worst performers were Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was down 1.80% to 1612.00 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 0.82% to settle at 2359.25 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 0.74% to 2105.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 999 to 711 and 32 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1616 fell and 1478 advanced, while 108 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.03% to 11.7625.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.34% or 6.15 to $1799.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.14% or 0.10 to hit $71.81 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.20% or 0.15 to trade at $73.64 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.05% to 74.413, while EUR/INR fell 0.04% to 87.5955.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 92.918.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.